AAEE Conference Scholarships
It is our pleasure to present to you our 2019 Utah Association for Employment in Education (UAEE) scholarship opportunity, available to two HR Directors/Recruiters in the Utah Public School system, to attend the American Association for Employment in Education (AAEE) conference held in Norfolk, VA October 22-24, 2019. This scholarship was created by UAEE as a means to assist in the further development of those who are recruiting our future teachers.
Scholarship recipients will be reimbursed up to $1,500.00 for the following:
- Up to two nights hotel stay
- Airfare and transportation cost
- AAEE membership
- AAEE conference registration
- Up to $50.00 in meals that are not covered by the conference
Expectations of the recipients:
- Attend all events directly associated with the AAEE conference.
- Provide a written recap of your experience to UAEE.
- Allow UAEE to provide all or pieces of your recap statement on the UAEE web site.
How to apply:
- Submit a letter of intent by September 1, 2019 to the UAEE president, Diana Maughan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Scholarship candidates will be reviewed by UAEE members where two recipients will be selected.
- Decisions will be sent no later than September 15, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in applying for this remarkable opportunity. Hope to see you in St. Louis!
2019 Scholarship Recipient: Cami Larsen
This was my first AAEE Conference and I loved every minute of it. It has been one of the most beneficial experiences I’ve had pertaining to teacher retention and recruitment. I appreciated hearing about practices that are working for other districts around the country. I was able to strengthen my network both within Utah and in other states. I came back renewed and energized. I can’t wait to implement some of the ideas that were shared.
Director of Human Resources
Alpine School District