AAEE Conference Scholarships
It is our pleasure to present to you our 2018 Utah Association for Employment in Education (UAEE) scholarship opportunity, available to two HR Directors/Recruiters in the Utah Public School system, to attend the American Association for Employment in Education (AAEE) conference held in St. Louis, MO. November 7-9, 2018. This scholarship was created by UAEE as a means to assist in the further development of those who are recruiting our future teachers.
Scholarship recipients will be reimbursed up to $1,500.00 for the following:
- Up to two nights hotel stay
- Airfare and transportation cost
- AAEE membership
- AAEE conference registration
- Up to $50.00 in meals that are not covered by the conference
Expectations of the recipients:
- Attend all events directly associated with the AAEE conference.
- Provide a written recap of your experience to UAEE.
- Allow UAEE to provide all or pieces of your recap statement on the UAEE web site.
How to apply:
- Submit a letter of intent by September 26, 2018 to the UAEE president, Diana Maughan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Scholarship candidates will be reviewed by UAEE members where two recipients will be selected.
- Decisions will be sent no later than October 1, 2018.
Thank you for your interest in applying for this remarkable opportunity. Hope to see you in St. Louis!
2017 Scholarship Recipient: Terry Christensen
Dear UAEE Board:
I wanted to take a moment and tell you all how much I appreciated the opportunity to participate in the AAEE conference in Pittsburg. I also appreciate the scholarship award that assisted me in being able to participate. As I have had time to digest the conference and reflect upon the things I have learned, I can, without reservation, recommend other HR Directors attend this conference for the following reasons. Great professional development; Although the number of days of the conference may be less than other conferences, AAEE puts on great opportunities for professional growth. There was not a session that I did not learn from. Lots of great discussions were had and ideas shared.Collaboration; This part is the highlight of my attendance. If you are in HR, you need to come and collaborate with the colleges. It is essential to your recruiting effort to be able to see many colleges represented in one conference and be able to see what colleges you want to recruit from. In summary, I have attended the AAEE since 2004 when it was in Salt Lake and have only missed a few years due to lean budgets. To my colleagues, please consider joining AAEE for the data and other information they can provide you to help you in recruiting and certainly a great conference. The collaboration and professional development is the key to my successes in recruiting teachers from across the country. I look forward to next year conference!If any of my friends/colleagues want to chat about the conference or what AAEE has done for me, please email me at email@example.com. Once again, thanks for the opportunity!
Director of Human Resources
Tooele County School District