AAEE Conference Scholarships
It is our pleasure to present to you our 2019 Utah Association for Employment in Education (UAEE) scholarship opportunity, available to two HR Directors/Recruiters in the Utah Public School system, to attend the American Association for Employment in Education (AAEE) conference held in Norfolk, VA October 22-24, 2019. This scholarship was created by UAEE as a means to assist in the further development of those who are recruiting our future teachers.
Scholarship recipients will be reimbursed up to $1,500.00 for the following:
- Up to two nights hotel stay
- Airfare and transportation cost
- AAEE membership
- AAEE conference registration
- Up to $50.00 in meals that are not covered by the conference
Expectations of the recipients:
- Attend all events directly associated with the AAEE conference.
- Provide a written recap of your experience to UAEE.
- Allow UAEE to provide all or pieces of your recap statement on the UAEE web site.
How to apply:
- Submit a letter of intent by September 1, 2019 to the UAEE president, Diana Maughan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Scholarship candidates will be reviewed by UAEE members where two recipients will be selected.
- Decisions will be sent no later than September 15, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in applying for this remarkable opportunity. Hope to see you in St. Louis!
2018 Scholarship Recipient: Kirk McRae
Dear UAEE Board:
My experience at the AAEE conference was very positive. I believe that this particular conference provided me with some very concrete assistance in my role as the Human Resources Director of the Cache County School District. First, this conference provided me with valuable professional development. The conference has a good mix of general sessions for all attendees and break-out sessions which cater to more specific topics. I can attest that each and every session contained valuable and applicable information that will assist me in my duties as I recruit and hire future educators. Second, this conference provided a unique and highly effective environment to work together with and become better acquainted with both HR directors and more importantly the various college representatives from across Utah (and Idaho). I truly appreciated the time spent with the representatives from UAEE. Interacting with UAEE at job fairs has always been helpful but being able to spend three days with UAEE in the environment provided by this conference was truly beneficial. Without hesitation, I would recommend the AAEE conference to any HR director working in the field of public education.
Thank you for the valuable service that UAEE provides to our districts. I am ready to face the challenges in hiring quality teachers with more insight and broader perspective.
Kirk G. McRae
Executive Director, Human Resources
Cache County School District